Opening hours and prices
The organisation at Bohus Fortress is undergoing major changes. Therefore, the opening hours below are preliminary and may change.
Every day a new adventure! We have over 700 years of Nordic hystory to tell, and you can help us write the next chapter! Spend a day, or days, with us and we will give you moments and memories that will last a life time.
We have built a program that makes each and every visit a unique adventure. Every day, we have a number of guided tours and activities for our visitors that are included in your admission ticket.
- Adult from 18 yeras, 100 SEK
- Children 7 – 17 years accompanied by an adult, 50 SEK
- Children under 7 accompanied by an adult, free entrance
With reservation for changes due to public events. The program and events on the fortress will continuously be updated on our Swedish website.
Opening hours 2019
- April 20-May 19. Open: weekends at 11:00 to 16:00
- May 20-June 23. Open: daily at 10:00 to 17:00. (June 21: closed)
- June 24 – August 18. Open: daily at 10:00 to 18:00, Guided tour at 14:00 in English
- August 19- September 8. Open: daily at 11:00 to 18:00
- September 9-October 20. Open: weekends at 11:00 to 16:00
The fortress has a long and fascinating story where bloody sieges are mixed with myths and legends! Feel free to join our competent guides. They love to answer questions, so challenge them! The guided tour last for about 60 minutes.
From September 2 all guided tours must be pre-booked. Please contact us at email@example.com
Activities that you can do on your own
Give yourself and your family or friends a great day at the fortress: there is no time limit for visitors. You can simply discover the site on your own, then go out to grab a bite to eat, and come back, all on the same day. Or plan a family weekend, and spend time with different generations: we have activities for all ages. Don’t forget that dogs are welcome (just keep them on their leash, please!).
- Archery During your visit, you can challenge your friends and your family in archery! Archery is an activity that tests your skill in concentration and coordination, and is suitable for everyone over the age of six.
- Rafting. We have a raft in the pond for both young and old. Normally, eight adults at a time can cross the pond.
- Photos. Don’t forget to charge you cell phone, and bring your camera! The view from the fortress is without equal and we have marked out the most popular photo sites. And, of course, you can instagram us #bohusfortress.
- Hiking Trail. There’s a hiking trail around Fästningsholmen, offering on the one hand, beautiful, leafy glades, and on the other hand, majestic mountains and breathtaking beauty. If you want to be challenged, get off the beaten path and do your own exploring.
- Walks in the idyllic Kungälv. Walk down to the Old Market Square and its beautiful Baroque church, dating from the 1600s, continue along the beautiful wooden houses on Västgatan and take walk up Kärleksstigen to admire the stunning panoramic views. You can even stroll past Sweden’s largest biscuit factory, Gothenburg Bräckboden, and then wander back to Fästningsholmen along the river.