Opening hours and prices
Every day a new adventure! We have over 700 years of Nordic history to tell, and you can help us write the next chapter! Spend a day, or days, with us and we will give you moments and memories that will last a life time.
We have built a program that makes each and every visit a unique adventure.
Every day, we have a number of activities that are included in your admission ticket, for example an audio guide and archery. The audio guide is available in our app, so don’t forget to charge your smartphone before your visit. Due to the corona virus the organized guiding tours are cancelled until further notice.
- Adult from 18 years, 100 SEK
- Children 5 – 17 years, 50 SEK
- Children 0 – 4 years, free entrance
With reservation for changes due to public events. The program and events on the fortress will continuously be updated on our Swedish website.
Opening hours 2020
April 2 – May 12.
Weekends and Easter Holiday (April 2 – April 11) at 11 AM to 4 PM.
May 13 – June 27.
Daily at 10 AM to 5 PM.
June 28 – August 22.
Daily at 10 AM to 6 PM.
August 23 – September 19.
Daily at 10 AM to 5 PM.
September 20 – October 31.
Weekends at 11 AM to 4 PM.
Activities that you can do on your own
Give yourself and your family or friends a great day at the fortress: there is no time limit for visitors. You can simply discover the site on your own, then go out to grab a bite to eat, and come back, all on the same day. Or plan a family weekend, and spend time with different generations: we have activities for all ages. Don’t forget that dogs are welcome (just keep them on their leash, please!).
- Archery During your visit, you can challenge your friends and your family in archery! Archery is an activity that tests your skill in concentration and coordination, and is suitable for everyone over the age of six.
- Rafting. We have a raft in the pond for both young and old. Normally, eight adults at a time can cross the pond.
- Photos. Don’t forget to charge you cell phone, and bring your camera! The view from the fortress is without equal and we have marked out the most popular photo sites. And, of course, you can instagram us #bohusfortress.
- Hiking Trail. There’s a hiking trail around Fästningsholmen, offering on the one hand, beautiful, leafy glades, and on the other hand, majestic mountains and breathtaking beauty. If you want to be challenged, get off the beaten path and do your own exploring.
- Walks in the idyllic Kungälv. Walk down to the Old Market Square and its beautiful Baroque church, dating from the 1600s, continue along the beautiful wooden houses on Västgatan and take walk up Kärleksstigen to admire the stunning panoramic views. You can even stroll past Sweden’s largest biscuit factory, Gothenburg Bräckboden, and then wander back to Fästningsholmen along the river.